CREATING THE WORLD’S FIRST SMARTWiG
The Star are Australia’s top entertainment resort. As sponsors of The NSW Blues The Star sought to take the game viewing experience for State of Origin to the next level in line with an overarching strategy to be famous for taking great sporting experiences and making them even better.
TSE created the world’s first SMARTWiG, a fun device with a built in exclusive six hour radio show and LED antenna.
On the night, the fans were treated to a popup radio station with expert commentary from footy legends, exclusive access to interviews, shout outs from the players dressing room and a surprising light show that lit up the stadium and entertained all 90,000-people present.
TSE seamlessly integrated our activation into one of Australia’s biggest sporting events managing the run sheet, operations and event execution which included over 80 staff and 10 different stakeholders.
- 100% sell out of wigs
- $5.5 million in earned media across TV, press, radio & online
- 35 million earned media impressions
- 3.5 million TV viewers watched the light show
- 67% increase of onsite visitation to The Star during State of Origin
- Helped drive significant increase of ticket sales YoY